The Electron Beam process achieves product sterilization via ionizing radiation. The bombardment of a product with high-energy electrons results in a cascade of electrons moving through the target product. These electrons induce breaks in the DNA double helix, thus damaging the helix which prevents replication of cells and therefore the elimination of the inherent bioburden within the product package. The technology has been in widespread commercial use for sterilization of medical devices, labware, pharmaceuticals, tissue, and other biologics since the early 1990’s.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Assembl, Packaging, Sterilization - Supplier Resource
- Your Full Service OEM Partner - Supplier Resource
- Versatility™ Universal Handle - Supplier Resource
- Autocam Medical Brochure - Supplier Resource
- Fact Sheet: Basics Of Silastics Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection Molding - Supplier Resource