The Electron Beam process achieves product sterilization via ionizing radiation. The bombardment of a product with high-energy electrons results in a cascade of electrons moving through the target product. These electrons induce breaks in the DNA double helix, thus damaging the helix which prevents replication of cells and therefore the elimination of the inherent bioburden within the product package. The technology has been in widespread commercial use for sterilization of medical devices, labware, pharmaceuticals, tissue, and other biologics since the early 1990’s.
- 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer/Aerator GSX Series - Supplier Resource
- 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer/Aerator GS Series - Supplier Resource
- 157 Series - Supplier Resource
- New Grade of Polyisoprene Compounds for Injection Septa Applications - Supplier Resource
- Prototyping Processes - Choosing the best process for your project - Supplier Resource
- Rationalizing the Medical Device Supply Chain - Supplier Resource