The Electron Beam process achieves product sterilization via ionizing radiation. The bombardment of a product with high-energy electrons results in a cascade of electrons moving through the target product. These electrons induce breaks in the DNA double helix, thus damaging the helix which prevents replication of cells and therefore the elimination of the inherent bioburden within the product package. The technology has been in widespread commercial use for sterilization of medical devices, labware, pharmaceuticals, tissue, and other biologics since the early 1990’s.
- Learn How AMA Plastics is using IQMS to For Improved Efficiency and Communication - Video
- IQMS Means Manufacturing - Video
- Three Rules For Managing Your Manufacturing Data - Supplier Resource
- The Ultimate Manufacturing ERP Glossary - Supplier Resource
- Replacing Metal Components with Precision Molded Plastic Parts - Supplier Resource
- eBook: Streamline Innovation: How to Afford the Affordable Care Act - Supplier Resource