The Electron Beam process achieves product sterilization via ionizing radiation. The bombardment of a product with high-energy electrons results in a cascade of electrons moving through the target product. These electrons induce breaks in the DNA double helix, thus damaging the helix which prevents replication of cells and therefore the elimination of the inherent bioburden within the product package. The technology has been in widespread commercial use for sterilization of medical devices, labware, pharmaceuticals, tissue, and other biologics since the early 1990’s.
- MEDIFIX Solutions™ - Supplier Resource
- Key Considerations in Choosing a Product Development Partner - Supplier Resource
- Tailor-Made Positioning Solution for Analytical Methods Performed on a Beamline - Supplier Resource
- Life Sciences Sealing Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Liquid Silicone Rubber - Processing Capabilities - Supplier Resource
- SF Medical product line - Supplier Resource