Restructuring continues to roil the medical device industry. This week, Covidien and Welch Allyn announced that they would lay off hundreds of workers as a result of reorganizing moves. Also in the news was the story of Synthes's illegal decision to test a bone cement on people, with disastrous results.
- Finding What Needs Fixing (New York Times)
- Covidien to Close South Carolina Plant, Lay Off 595 (Qmed)
- The Pre-IDE Programme Becomes the Pre-Submission Programme (EMDT)
- Medical Device Innovation Booming (Today’s Medical Developments)
- Can pacemakers Be Used Twice? (Chicago Tribune)
- Welch Allyn Initiates Global Restructuring, Including Layoffs (Qmed)
- Bad to the Bone: A Medical Horror Story (Fortune)