Last week, medical device giant Medtronic announced that it is acquiring China Kanghui Holding. With this move, Medtronic hopes to establish a bigger and more direct local presence in China, one of the fastest-growing medical device markets with significant scale opportunities. Also in the news, Stryker reported that it has chosen Kevin A. Lobo as president and CEO, while politicians continue to warn about the dangers associated with medical device hacking and the medical device tax.
- Medtronic to Acquire China Kanghui Holdings (Qmed)
- Medical Device Sales Model Hit (Boston Globe)
- Medical Devices Vulnerable to Hacking Need Oversight (Businessweek)
- Stryker Names Kevin A. Lobo as President and CEO (Qmed)
- Evan Bayh: ObamaCare's Tax Raid on Medical Devices (Wall Street Journal)
- Practical Advice for the Unemployed in Medtech (MPMN)
- What Does It Take to Be a Medtech CEO? (MD+DI)