The Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) contest is now accepting entrants until January 31.
Debuting in 1998, the awards program spotlights a range of innovations in medical technology, ranging from over-the-counter equipment to surgical equipment. In all, 11 medical product categories are featured in the awards program, with two new categories added this year: (one) drug-delivery devices and combination products; and (two) medical product packaging, graphic instructions, and labeling systems. The award-winning products are selected by a multidisciplinary panel of experts that includes clinicians and product designers.
The winners of the MDEAs will be announced on June 11 at a live ceremony during MD&M East in New York.
Finalists and winners will be featured on Qmed and in MD+DI, MPMN, PMP News, and EMDT magazines.
Organizations endorsing the awards program include AdvaMed, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, Healthcare Technology Foundation, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Medical Device Manufacturers Association, and National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance.
- Maximize Industrial IoT Development Effectiveness with Integrated ALM and Virtual Labs - Webcast
- Why Devices are Failing in Oncology Drug Delivery Applications - Webcast
- Three Things to Know When Selecting a Customized DC Motor Drive System for Your Application - Webcast
- MD&M West - Event
- Active Implantable Device Technology Development: Mechanical and Manufacturing Perspectives - Webcast
- Five Key Considerations for Evaluating and Selecting the Most Effective Electronic Quality Management Systems for Medical Device Manufacturers - Webcast