The Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) contest is now accepting entrants until January 31.
Debuting in 1998, the awards program spotlights a range of innovations in medical technology, ranging from over-the-counter equipment to surgical equipment. In all, 11 medical product categories are featured in the awards program, with two new categories added this year: (one) drug-delivery devices and combination products; and (two) medical product packaging, graphic instructions, and labeling systems. The award-winning products are selected by a multidisciplinary panel of experts that includes clinicians and product designers.
The winners of the MDEAs will be announced on June 11 at a live ceremony during MD&M East in New York.
Finalists and winners will be featured on Qmed and in MD+DI, MPMN, PMP News, and EMDT magazines.
Organizations endorsing the awards program include AdvaMed, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, Healthcare Technology Foundation, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Medical Device Manufacturers Association, and National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance.
- How High Performance Liquid Crystal Polymers Cut the Cost of Precision Medical Parts - Supplier Resource
- From Mechanical Engineering to Particle Accelerators - Supplier Resource
- Medical Device Marking: Challenges and Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Meeting Unique Device Identification Requirements with Laser Marking - Supplier Resource
- Expanding Opportunities with a Simplified Supply Chain - Supplier Resource