AirStrip Technologies, a medical device manufacturer based in San Antonio, Texas, announced that it successfully launched its AirStrip 1 electronic data management system in collaboration with Dignity Health. As part of its early commercialization effort, the company will install the system at two healthcare facilities in Arizona. This includes both the Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and the Chandler Regional Medical Center.
The AirStrip 1 system is designed to make it easy for physicians and healthcare providers to comply with ACO regulations. In addition, the system is designed to expand the traditional clinical setting with mobile access to data.
Alan Portela is the CEO of AirStrip technologies. In prepared remarks, he called the new device "the industry's first enterprise-wide, vendor-agnostic mobile interoperability solution." He continued, "Most health systems today are working with a dizzying array of different EMRs, medical devices and other systems, all from different vendors, and are unable to really unlock the true value of these investments.”
In other news, the company also received approval from the FDA for a specialized iPhone application designed for remote monitoring of patients.
The company was one of MD+DI's Manufacturer's of the Year in 2012.
- Official MD&M East Brochure - Supplier Resource
- Design Tips for Rapid Injection Molding - Supplier Resource
- Smoothing the Path to Secure Smart Grids for Integrators - Supplier Resource
- Smoothing the Path to Secure Smart Grids for Manufacturers - Supplier Resource
- Point-of-care drug monitoring system - Supplier Resource
- The Four Myths of Time and Materials Estimates - Supplier Resource