Bausch + Lomb, an eye health technology company, announced that it would acquire Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH. Technolas is a prominent manufacturer of ophthalmic laser technology.
According to a press release, the company has exercised an option for the purchase of all unowned and outstanding shares of Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH. The sale of the ophthalmic laser manufacturer will be finalized by January of 2013.
“Our acquisition of Technolas Perfect Vision represents an important milestone for Bausch + Lomb, but perhaps more importantly, for cataract and refractive patients worldwide.” He continued, “The Technolas Vision team has built a great company and from my perspective, the most innovative.”
One of Technolas Perfect Vision’s flagship products, the Victus platform, received early marketing approval in both the United States and Europe. Bausch + Lomb will be pursuing approval in other regions as the sale of Technolas Perfect Vision moves forward.
- Eliminating Adhesives in Medical Tubing Assemblies - Supplier Resource
- SABEU Portfolio - Supplier Resource
- Can Your Contractor Really Support Your Product's Full Lifecycle? - Supplier Resource
- What’s the Point? Meeting Evolving Challenges in Consumer-Driven Healthcare - Webcast
- Innovative Solutions for Imaging and Telemedicine - Supplier Resource
- Linearity Measurements for MEMS Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource