Boston Scientific’s Japanese division announced that it is looking to expand its market share in the Japanese neuromodulation market. As part of that initiative, the company has entered a new agreement with Fukuda Denshi to market and distribute its Precision Plus spinal cord system in Japan. Fukuda Denshi will commence distribution on April 1st of this year.
According to a press release by the company, Fukuda Denshi has a variety of different distribution networks that Boston Scientific can leverage to distribute its neuromodulation products.
The company also detailed how the Precision Plus system works. The Precision Plus is a spinal cord stimulation implant that delivers specialized pulses of energy to treat chronic pain in a patient’s limbs or back. The system has already received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration.
Yusuke Naiki is the president of Boston Scientific in Japan. In prepared remarks, he said, "Fukuda Denshi has been an established player in Japan for more than 70 years, with a proven track record and a long and successful history of delivering results." He continued, "We look forward to a successful relationship."
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource