LifeWatch, a medical device manufacturer based in Switzerland, received CE Mark approval from the European Union for its LifeWatch V health smartphone platform. The LifeWatch V is a self-operated device that eases the management of patient health records.
According to a press release by the company, the device gives patients the ability to control wellness apps, medical sensors, cloud services and call center support. The device features sensors for blood glucose, body temperature, ECG, heart rate, body fat percentage, stress analysis measurement and blood oxygen saturation.
In prepared remarks, chairman Dr. Yacov Geva said, “This is the 1st time in the company's history that a multi-parameter device with 5 medical functions has been awarded the CE Mark." He continued, "The approval demonstrates our capacity to develop and manufacture devices that meet commercial regulatory requirements not only in the U.S. but also in Europe and elsewhere".
The LifeWatch V also includes wireless capabilities. The device can automatically transmit physiological data to and from cloud-based servers. This gives patients the ability to instantly backup health records and share them with family members or physicians. The device can also be programmed to provide medication reminders such as intake time, dose and drug type.
According to the press release, the company plans to partner with healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies and multinational carriers.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource