Rex Medical, a healthcare products manufacturer based in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration approved its thrombectomy device, the Cleaner15. According to a press release by the company, the Cleaner15 Rotational Thrombectomy System is designed to assist physicians in clearing occluded stents and blood vessels.
In addition to the FDA approval, the company has entered an agreement with Argon Medical Devices for international distribution of its technology. With the help of Argon, Rex Medical will distribute its products in Latin America, Canada, the European Union and some parts of Asia.
Lindsay Carter is the president of Rex Medical. In prepared remarks, she said, "We are pleased to receive FDA clearance for our Cleaner15 technology." She continued, "This line extension will augment our commercially-available Cleaner portfolio and provide an immediate benefit to the significant global patient population undergoing percutaneous thrombectomy treatment."
Rex Medical’s product line includes the UltraStream chronic dialysis catheter, the Quadra-Fuse multi-pronged injection needle, the Cleaner rotational thrombectomy system and the Option retrievable vena cava filter.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource