Neusoft Medical, a multinational healthcare product manufacturer, received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration for its new CT scanner. The NeuViz 64 CT scanner incorporates multi-slice technology and has the potential to lower imaging costs at hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
The NeuVi 64 joins Neusoft Medical Systems’ large portfolio of existing CT scan systems. The company’s current product line includes the NeuViz 16, NeuViz Dual and NeuWiz Single. These systems are currently available in more than 60 different countries.
Neusoft Medical first introduced its new CT scanner technology at the North American Radiological Society conference in 2011. The company also demoed the NeuVi 64 at the 67th annual Chinese International Medical Equipment fair earlier this year.
In a set of prepared remarks, president Christophen McHan stated, "The FDA approval of the NeuViz 64 CT further validates Neusoft Medical's capacity to introduce high quality technology that meets the requirements of clinical practice around the world.” He continued, "Of equal importance during healthcare reform, Neusoft research, development and manufacturing capabilities enable unprecedented economic feasibility for healthcare providers to purchase and utilize the latest diagnostic imaging tools."
In a press release, the company detailed some of its future plans. With its expanding line of CT scanners, the company hopes to expand more outside the United States. In addition, the company is actively pursuing a larger market share in North America. All of the company’s products have achieved CE Mark, FDA and ISO9001 QSC approval.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource