Insulet, a diabetes management company based in Bedford, Massachusetts, announced that it entered a new deal with Canaccord Genuity. The new deal will give Canaccord Genuity an $85 million stake in Insulet’s common stock.
According to a press release by the company, funds from the new private placement deal will be used for marketing and development of its Omnipod insulin pump. The company also stated that it may underwrite an option for the sale of an additional 15 percent of offered shares.
In December of 2012, Insulet received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its next-gen OmniPod insulin pump. The new insulin pump is 25 percent lighter and 38 percent smaller than existing devices on the market.
Canaccord Genuity is a global investment bank that focuses on growth-oriented companies. It currently has operations in 12 countries around the world and has the ability to get companies listed on 10 different stock exchanges.
- Reduce Risk! Control Costs! Get to Market Faster! The Customer Solution Centre is Your Pathway to Successful Device Development. - Webcast
- Innovating within Cost Constraints to Get More Bang for Your Buck - Webcast
- Conformal Coatings for Tomorrow’s Medical Technologies - Webcast
- ISO80369 Standards Bring Changes to Medical Device Companies - Webcast
- Automation in Machining - Webcast
- How to Develop a Risk Based Biological Safety Evaluation Per New US FDA Guidance - Webcast