Insulet, a diabetes management company based in Bedford, Massachusetts, announced that it entered a new deal with Canaccord Genuity. The new deal will give Canaccord Genuity an $85 million stake in Insulet’s common stock.
According to a press release by the company, funds from the new private placement deal will be used for marketing and development of its Omnipod insulin pump. The company also stated that it may underwrite an option for the sale of an additional 15 percent of offered shares.
In December of 2012, Insulet received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its next-gen OmniPod insulin pump. The new insulin pump is 25 percent lighter and 38 percent smaller than existing devices on the market.
Canaccord Genuity is a global investment bank that focuses on growth-oriented companies. It currently has operations in 12 countries around the world and has the ability to get companies listed on 10 different stock exchanges.
- How to Acquire the Best Application Advantage - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3558B Medical-grade acrylic transfer adhesive. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3551E Double-Coated, double-liner transfer tape with medical grade acrylic adhesive and 3 mil PE film carrier. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3493Z Single-Coated Foam Tape with Non-Sensitizing Medical Grade Adhesive - Supplier Resource
- General Medical Brochure - Supplier Resource
- Affinity Medical Brochure - Supplier Resource