Lighthouse Imaging, a Portland, Maine-based medical device company that specializes in optical technology, signed a contract with Novation, a group purchasing organization. The new contract will facilitate enhanced sales of the company’s endoscopic testing instruments.
According to a press release by the company, the new contract with the group purchasing organization will include the company’s EndoBench endoscope testers. These devices are used by hospitals and other healthcare facilities to monitor the quality of flexible and rigid endoscopes in a quantitative way. With these testing tools, healthcare providers can ensure patient safety before a surgical operation and can verify device integrity after repair.
Michael Vintges is a VP of sourcing operations and physician operations at Novation. In prepared remarks, he stated, "We are pleased to award Lighthouse's endoscope testing equipment through our innovative technology evaluation process.” He continued, "Our Innovative Technology program allows us to take a thorough and sophisticated approach to reviewing the exciting new products entering the market, while also fully engaging hospital member input and feedback."
Novation comprises 2,500 hospitals and medical centers. With the GPO agreement, Lighthouse will gain access to a significantly larger share of the market for its optical testing systems for endoscopes.
According to a press release by Lighthouse, healthcare facilities pay up to $2 billion every year for endoscope maintenance and repair. In addition, many endoscope repair firms and manufacturers do not provide a quantitative way to verify the quality of repairs.
- Medical Devices Come Home: How to Address the Challenges - Supplier Resource
- Eliminating Adhesives in Medical Tubing Assemblies - Supplier Resource
- SABEU Portfolio - Supplier Resource
- Can Your Contractor Really Support Your Product's Full Lifecycle? - Supplier Resource
- What’s the Point? Meeting Evolving Challenges in Consumer-Driven Healthcare - Webcast
- Innovative Solutions for Imaging and Telemedicine - Supplier Resource