Merit Medical Systems, a healthcare products manufacturer based in South Jordan, Utah, has agreed to the acquisition of Medigroup. Medigroup is a medical device manufacturer that concentrates on the production of peritoneal dialysis catheters.
According to regulatory filings, annual sales at Medigroup are approximately $2 million. Most of these sales come from the United States. In a press release, Medigroup states that it has been able to achieve 75 percent gross margins under its current business structure.
Fred Lampropoulos is chairman and CEO and Merit Medical Systems. In prepared remarks, he stated, "Medigroup offers a broad product line of catheters and implantation devices, and we believe this opportunity will enhance our overall dialysis business." He continued, "While growing in the United States, peritoneal dialysis is the procedure of choice over chronic catheters in many international markets."
In the press release, Merit Medical Systems detailed its plans for Medigroup. According to Lampropoulos, the company will pursue overseas approval and sales of Medigroup’s peritoneal dialysis catheters. If the company is able to maintain its 75 percent gross margins in the global market, Merit Medical’s decision to acquire Medigroup will be well-founded.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource