For the second time in 2012, NuVasive has sued a former member of its sales force, alleging breach of confidentiality. NuVasive claims that Laura Lewis, who resigned in 2010 to join Globus, used confidential materials, including customer contacts, price lists and sales data to benefit Globus. They further accused Lewis of attempting to poach certain key members of the NuVasive sales team and other employees. NuVasive described Lewis as having been a key member of its sales team.
NuVasive filed a similar suit earlier in 2012 against Lanx and three different NuVasive employees who had resigned to join Lanx. That case is still in litigation, but in October, the courts decreed that NuVasive could examine Lanx’s records of contact with its employees as part of discovery.
In the new case against Lewis, NuVasive is asking for court fees and damages while seeking an injunction to prevent further use of its confidential information and intellectual property.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource