CardioInsight, a medical device manufacturer based in Cleveland, announced the appointment of a Patrick Wethington as new CEO. The previous CEO of CardioInsight, Steve Arless, resigned without advance notice in April 2012.
Patrick Wethington has previous executive-level experience at medical device companies. His background includes time at HemoSphere as the president and CEO. Hemosphere was recently acquired by Cryolife. Prior to this, Wethington worked at CHF Solutions, Endocardial Solutions and Guidant.
CardioInsight designs medical devices used for non-invasive electrocardiographic mapping. One of its flagship products, the ECVUE system, gathers electrocardiographic information through a proprietary multi-sensor electrode array. The electrode array is embedded inside a specialized vest that is worn by a patient. When combined with images from a CT scan, the ECVUE system can provide 3D maps of the electrical activity found inside the heart. Since the ECVUE system is non-invasive, it offers a safer and more affordable diagnosis tool for electrophysiologists.
Jim Bullock, chairman of the board at CardioInsight, stated in prepared remarks, "Pat's background in electrophysiology and his experience bringing novel products to the market will serve as important assets as CardioInsight continues to develop its ECVUE platform." He continued, "Pat has developed a track record of strong leadership throughout his career, and his addition is an important complement to the organization as we further validate ECVUE's exciting potential of unique clinical applications.”
- TRAKETCH® Vent - Supplier Resource
- Can Your Contractor Really Support Your Product's Full Lifecycle? - Supplier Resource
- What’s the Point? Meeting Evolving Challenges in Consumer-Driven Healthcare - Webcast
- Linearity Measurements for MEMS Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource
- Dual Die Compensation for MEMS Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource
- Special Considerations for Mounting and Handling Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource