Praxair, an industrial gases company based in Danbury, Connecticut, received Class I status from the United States Food and Drug Administration due to concerns over its Grab ‘n Go Vantage Portable Oxygen Cylinder. According to the FDA notice, the Grab ‘n Go Vantage system can leak oxygen and may be a fire hazard.
In November of last year, Praxair recalled the Grab ‘ Go Vantage Portable Oxygen Cylinder due to concerns over breakage. Under some conditions, the device may break and leak oxygen into the environment. This can lead to severe health consequences or death.
In the notice, the FDA stated that customers should never place the oxygen cylinder in an elevated area such as a shelf. The device should be placed in areas where it will not experience bumps or jarring motions.
Customers of the Grab 'n Go Vantage Portable Oxygen Cylinder can return them to Praxair for repair and refill.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource