Qualcomm Life, a subsidiary of global semiconductor company Qualcomm Technologies, announced that its wireless healthcare services will be available in Europe. The subsidiary’s flagship product, the 2net Platform and Hub, will allow healthcare providers and medical device manufacturers to link their systems through a cloud-based solution. This will help healthcare providers monitor patient biometrics and other information quickly and easily.
Qualcomm Life’s 2net Platform and Hub has received Class I certification in Europe. In addition, the system has received Medical Device Data System (MDDS) approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration.
The system uses secure end-to-end encryption and is designed to work with a variety of existing service platforms. The 2net Hub is designed to work as one of four potential gateways to the 2net Platform. In addition, the 2net Hub is a plug-and-play Class I Medical Device based on EU directive 93/42/EEC (MDD).
In prepared remarks, general manager and VP of Qualcomm Life stated, “We have a number of customers in Europe and the U.S. who want to extend their mobile health solutions in multiple regions around the world, and they need to provide a reliable service that is not impacted by geographic boundaries.” He continued, “Launching our wirelessly enabled healthcare ecosystem into Europe is another step toward the realization of our vision -- a world with access to healthcare anytime and anywhere.”
- Benefits of Single-‐Source Medical Device Contract Manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Best Practices in Selecting a Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Supplier Resource
- Corrosion - Supplier Resource
- Eliminating Adhesives in Medical Tubing Assemblies - Supplier Resource
- ISO 80369 Standards Changing the Components Manufacturing Industry - Webcast
- Threaded Metal Shelled Nano Circulars - Supplier Resource