Rigid FX Orthopedics, a medical device manufacturer based in Austin, Texas, has received a warning letter from the United States Food and Drug Administration due to issues at its Austin production facility. The company manufactures a product for the treatment of distal radius fractures, dubbed the Clearview Wrist Fixation System.
According to information from the FDA, the warning letter is dated from November 2nd of 2012. However, the letter was just posted this week. In the letter, the FDA admonished Rigid FX over its production regulatory systems. According to the FDA, Rigid FX does not have a system to ensure that all manufactured devices meet the design outlines for the FDA-approved device.
The FDA also cited the company for poor communication systems. The company did not have any procedures, systems or processes for handling complaints. Rigid FX is required to report the steps it has taken to correct these violations. In addition, the company is required to make changes to avoid similar issues in the future.
- Turn Your Smart Ideas Into Brilliant Reality - Supplier Resource
- Three Strategies for Assessing IVD Instrument Feasibility Early in the Design Process - Supplier Resource
- Scapa MEDIFIX® Interview - Supplier Resource
- Protomold Design Tips: 12 Essentials for Moldability - Supplier Resource
- Metal Injection Molding Turns the Volume Up, and Down - Supplier Resource
- Top Five Design Mistakes to Avoid When Specifying Stainless Steel Tubing - Supplier Resource