Rigid FX Orthopedics, a medical device manufacturer based in Austin, Texas, has received a warning letter from the United States Food and Drug Administration due to issues at its Austin production facility. The company manufactures a product for the treatment of distal radius fractures, dubbed the Clearview Wrist Fixation System.
According to information from the FDA, the warning letter is dated from November 2nd of 2012. However, the letter was just posted this week. In the letter, the FDA admonished Rigid FX over its production regulatory systems. According to the FDA, Rigid FX does not have a system to ensure that all manufactured devices meet the design outlines for the FDA-approved device.
The FDA also cited the company for poor communication systems. The company did not have any procedures, systems or processes for handling complaints. Rigid FX is required to report the steps it has taken to correct these violations. In addition, the company is required to make changes to avoid similar issues in the future.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource