Samsung Electronics America, a New Jersey-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics, announced that it had acquired Neurologica, an imaging company based in Danvers, Massachusetts.
According to a press release by Samsung Electronics America, NeuroLogica was established in 2004. Its flagship products include the BodyTom and CereTom. These portable devices provide computed tomography for diagnostic imaging in an easy-to-move casing. As of now, details surrounding the acquisition have not been released. Information regarding purchase price, shares traded and management shifts has not been disclosed by Samsung Electronics America or NeuroLogica.
Samsung Electronics America will use its latest acquisition to expand its existing medical imaging business. In addition, the company will use its global brand awareness and existing technological resources to help build out NeuroLogica.
NeuroLogica’s BodyTom and CereTom CT scanners are currently certified to ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 9001:2008. Both devices are FDA-registered. In addition, both devices have received CE Mark clearance from the European Union for distribution in the E.U. and in other European economic areas.
- Selecting and Applying the Right Bag Sealer Technology - Supplier Resource
- Anaheim Learning Labs - Event
- MD&M West - Event
- Medical Design & Manufacturing Executive Summit - Event
- Developing & Validating a Molding Cell for Medical Products - Supplier Resource
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video