The purchase of Conworx Technology will help Siemens provide open connectivity for more than 100 medical devices.
Siemens Healthineers is buying Conworx Technology (Berlin), a developer of point-of-care device interfaces and data management services.
The deal, announced Monday, is meant to complement Siemens’s RAPIDComm data management system, boost informatics offerings, and enable open connectivity for more than 100 different medical instruments.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Conworx’s 75-worker team will merge with the Siemens Healthineers team to become Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Informatics.
The acquisition is but another example of medical device companies seeking to meet the shift from volume-based to value-based payment models in healthcare. Countries across the world are pushing for more efficient and effective management of patient populations.
Siemens Healthineers and Conworx envision creating open connectivity that allows seamless data integration in healthcare settings, streamlining operations and data access, and improving risk management.
“As hospitals consolidate and acquire physician offices, there is a huge need by emerging healthcare networks for seamless integration of hundreds of decentralized devices that are spread across dozens of sites.” Peter Koerte, president of point of care diagnostics at Siemens Healthineers, said in a news release.
“It is clear to us that to satisfy our customers’ needs, we must deliver solutions that ensure superb connectivity, no matter which analyzer is being connected. We are determined to continue Conworx’s practice of working closely with every vendor to ensure that all connected analyzers are working to the best of their ability,” Koerte said.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our daily e-newsletter.
[Image courtesy of Conworx Technology]
- 3D Printing for Surgical Devices and Medical Models - Webcast
- The Power of Extractable/Leachable Chemistry Testing for Medical Devices - Webcast
- Changing a Colorant in an Approved Medical Device, What Should I Know? - Webcast
- Reduce Risk! Control Costs! Get to Market Faster! The Customer Solution Centre is Your Pathway to Successful Device Development. - Webcast
- Innovating within Cost Constraints to Get More Bang for Your Buck - Webcast
- Conformal Coatings for Tomorrow’s Medical Technologies - Webcast