Let’s just say that Qmed readers were, um, less than enthusiastic.
|Survey conducted over SurveyMonkey.|
Bernd Montag, CEO of Siemens's healthcare business, thought the new name reflected engineering and scientific excellence. But for the more than 1200 Qmed readers that answered a recent survey, the new Siemen Healthineers brand can be summed up in one word: "dumb."
More than three-fourths of respondents to the recent survey chose "dumb" as the best adjective. Less than a fourth thought it was "meh" or "brilliant."
Let's just say that Montag might want to hold off composing a song for a company Healthineer Club.
Questionable name aside, it's been a good year so far for Siemens' healthcare business, which has been operating as a separately managed company within a company at Siemens. Revenue growth is being fueled by strong sales in the diagnostic imaging business. For the second quarter ended March 31, the healthcare business earned 555 million euros off 3.25 billion euros in sales, up from 536 million euros in profit off 3.23 billion euros in sales during the same quarter a year ago.
|Don't miss the MD&M Minneapolis conference and expo, September 21–22, 2016.|
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our daily e-newsletter.
- Drowning in Big Data: Extracting Medical Device Quality and Safety Insights - Webcast
- Quality with Confidence – What You Need to Know About Digital Microscopes for Medical Device Quality Processes - Webcast
- Risk Management for Medical Device Manufacturers - Webcast
- 3 Steps for Designing the Ideal Medical Device Packaging System - Webcast
- Reducing Device Cost with Innovative Medical Materials - Webcast
- Automating your Quality Management System: Pitfalls & Essentials - Webcast