Let’s just say that Qmed readers were, um, less than enthusiastic.
|Survey conducted over SurveyMonkey.|
Bernd Montag, CEO of Siemens's healthcare business, thought the new name reflected engineering and scientific excellence. But for the more than 1200 Qmed readers that answered a recent survey, the new Siemen Healthineers brand can be summed up in one word: "dumb."
More than three-fourths of respondents to the recent survey chose "dumb" as the best adjective. Less than a fourth thought it was "meh" or "brilliant."
Let's just say that Montag might want to hold off composing a song for a company Healthineer Club.
Questionable name aside, it's been a good year so far for Siemens' healthcare business, which has been operating as a separately managed company within a company at Siemens. Revenue growth is being fueled by strong sales in the diagnostic imaging business. For the second quarter ended March 31, the healthcare business earned 555 million euros off 3.25 billion euros in sales, up from 536 million euros in profit off 3.23 billion euros in sales during the same quarter a year ago.
|Don't miss the MD&M Minneapolis conference and expo, September 21–22, 2016.|
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our daily e-newsletter.
- Reducing Device Cost with Innovative Medical Materials - Webcast
- Automating your Quality Management System: Pitfalls & Essentials - Webcast
- 3D Printing for Surgical Devices and Medical Models - Webcast
- The Power of Extractable/Leachable Chemistry Testing for Medical Devices - Webcast
- Changing a Colorant in an Approved Medical Device, What Should I Know? - Webcast
- Reduce Risk! Control Costs! Get to Market Faster! The Customer Solution Centre is Your Pathway to Successful Device Development. - Webcast