MAPLE GROVE/Minnesota/USA—November 16, 2012. Carl Zeiss announces the appointment of Mark Smith as vice president of sales for the Industrial Metrology group in North America. Smith will use his extensive sales knowledge and skills to provide an even better experience for our customers in solving their metrology needs. He will also lead new business initiatives, bringing new technologies to meet the increasing market demands.
Smith has over 20 years of sales and marketing experience in various industries including IT monitoring, motion and control technologies, precision machining, and tooling. Most recently, he worked as Director, Motor Vehicle/Aftermarket Sales & Service for Apex Tool Group.
“Mark Smith is a creative and seasoned sales professional who has already made a positive impact on the IMT management team. I’m confident he is going to help us further evolve as a successful manufacturing and technology company,” says Greg Lee, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Industrial Technology, LLC.
Janelle Gregerson, Carl Zeiss, Industrial Metrology
Phone: (763) 744-2409, Email: email@example.com
The Carl Zeiss Group is an international leader in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. In fiscal year 2010/11 the company's approx. 24,000 employees generated revenue of about 4.237 billion euros. In the markets for Industrial Solutions, Research Solutions, Medical Technology and Consumer Optics, Carl Zeiss has contributed to technological progress all over the world for more than 160 years. With its innovative technologies and leading-edge solutions, Carl Zeiss is successful in the fields of Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Metrology, Microscopy, Medical Technology, Vision Care and Consumer Optics/Optronics. Carl Zeiss AG is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Stiftung (Carl Zeiss Foundation).
The Industrial Metrology business group of Carl Zeiss is a leading manufacturer of multidimensional metrology solutions. These include coordinate measuring machines and metrology software for the automotive, aircraft, mechanical engineering and plastics industries. The company additionally offers a broad spectrum of customer services. Around 2,000 employees (FTEs) work for the company, generating revenues totaling EUR 394 billion in fiscal year 2010/2011. Industrial Metrology is headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany. It operates manufacturing sites in Germany, the USA and China
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource