(Houston, TX, USA) Manufacturers of multi-lumen catheters face a demanding task when testing them. The test typically checks each lumen in the catheter to make certain nothing leaks. Each passageway must also be tested for possible blockage or partial occlusion.
Uson has been developing and manufacturing leak test equipment to address these demanding tests for almost 50 years and is the manufacturer of choice for the world’s leading catheter producers. One of the most popular tools for a multi lumen tester is the Sprint iQ, an easy to use yet highly versatile bench top tester with up to four independent or concurrent test channels. To illustrate how this tester can be used to test catheters safely and effectively Uson has prepared an application note which may be downloaded here.
USON first developed high accuracy leak testing methods for NASA and for nearly half a century has been at the forefront of leak detection, leak testing, and non-destructive testing ---pioneering the development of automated leak detection equipment for the automotive, industrial, medical device and packaging industries. The recently unveiled USON Optima vT Leak and Flow Tester is the world’s only leak test instrument with 8-sensors enabling 8 concurrent tests at optimal efficiency to desired leak rate specifications. Headquartered in Houston, TX, the company has additional offices in Detroit, MI, the United Kingdom and China and sales partners around the world. Visit www.uson.com for more information.
- Matrix 6200 Reel-to-Reel Dispensing Platform - Supplier Resource
- 3 Product Development Schedule Killers (and what to do about them) - Supplier Resource
- The Market Dynamics of Molecular Diagnostics - Supplier Resource
- Lifesaving Technologies For the Next Billion - Supplier Resource
- Four Smart Drug Delivery Systems: Nanotech, Wireless, and Decidedly Space Age - Supplier Resource
- Crossing the Blood-Brain Barrier: 3 Promising Drug Delivery Technologies - Supplier Resource