With the ability to withstand acids, bases and many solvents, Master Bond EP62-1 is primarily used as an adhesive, sealant or coating where the epoxy will be exposed to very harsh conditions. This two part epoxy features thermal stability with a glass transition temperature exceeding 170°C.
EP62-1 has a long working life of over 12 hours at ambient temperatures and a forgiving 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight. This system features convenient color coding to facilitate uniform mixing. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is dark brown. It cures rapidly at moderately elevated temperatures, with schedules ranging from 4-6 hours at 60-70°C to 10 minutes at 125°C.
This lower viscosity system is a capable electrical insulator with a volume resistivity exceeding 1014 ohm-cm and a dielectric constant of 3.25 at 60 Hz. EP62-1 delivers tensile shear strengths greater than 2,300 psi and tensile strengths over 8,500 psi. It is a dimensionally stable epoxy that contains no solvents or diluents. Serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60°F to +450°F, EP62-1 has a shelf life of one year in unopened, original containers. It is available in an assortment of packaging options, including ½ pints, pints, quarts, gallons and 5 gallon kits. Specialty packaging also is available in gun kits, and premixed & frozen syringes.
Master Bond Chemical Resistant Adhesives
Master Bond EP62-1 withstands high temperatures up to 450°F and resists a variety of chemicals. Read more about the full line of Master Bond chemical resistant epoxies at http://www.masterbond.com/properties/chemical-resistance or contact Tech Support. Phone: +1-201-343-8983, Fax: +1-201-343-2132, Email: email@example.com.
- Medical Devices Come Home: How to Address the Challenges - Supplier Resource
- Eliminating Adhesives in Medical Tubing Assemblies - Supplier Resource
- SABEU Portfolio - Supplier Resource
- Can Your Contractor Really Support Your Product's Full Lifecycle? - Supplier Resource
- What’s the Point? Meeting Evolving Challenges in Consumer-Driven Healthcare - Webcast
- Innovative Solutions for Imaging and Telemedicine - Supplier Resource