Important advances have been made over the past decade to improve the engineering technologies, safety and efficacy of the first generation of therapeutic antibodies. These developments, along with a greater understanding of the immunomodulatory properties of antibodies, have paved the way for the next generation of new and improved antibody-based drugs for the treatment of human diseases. Here we will compare conventional therapeutic antibodies and novel nanobides.
The challenges faced by conventional therapeutic antibodies:
1. Long development cycle, high production cost, and high sales price (complex R & D, humanized and limited success rate);
2. Difficult to have mass production;
3. Unstable and easily degradable, high preservation cost; easy to be contaminated, high maintenance cost.
The advantages of Nanobody over conventional therapeutic antibodies in synthesis, operation, absorption and price:
1. Easy to obtain (immunity, B lymphocytes isolation, antibody library display technique);
2. Stable (internal folding contains multiple disulfide bonds and can be placed at room temperature);
3. High soluble;
4. High absorption;
5. The expression is easy (unlike conventional antibodies that must be expressed in mammalian cells, which is difficult, low yield, high cost; VHH can be highly expressed in prokaryotic cells);
6. Simple humanization process;
7. Easy to couple other molecules;
Creative Biomartis a company that offers quality nanobody products with its proprietary technology and experts’ devotion. For more information, please visit http://www.creativebiomart.net/producttypelist_289.htm.
- Benefits of Single-‐Source Medical Device Contract Manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Best Practices in Selecting a Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Supplier Resource
- Corrosion - Supplier Resource
- Eliminating Adhesives in Medical Tubing Assemblies - Supplier Resource
- ISO 80369 Standards Changing the Components Manufacturing Industry - Webcast
- Threaded Metal Shelled Nano Circulars - Supplier Resource