Burbank, CA – Comco Inc.’s micro-abrasive blasting equipment can be used to deburr PEEK implants. Though PEEK’s biocompatibility and chemical resistant nature make it an ideal choice for medical implants, it creates challenges to the manufacturing process. Machining typically generates burrs that are cumbersome to remove manually.
Micro-abrasive blasting can be used to eliminate this laborious process. The fine abrasive stream quickly strips off the burs without damaging the delicate features machined into the parts. A soft abrasive, like sodium bicarbonate, has the cutting effectiveness required to deburr the parts without cutting or burning the surface.
Comco offers sample part testing to determine the most efficient microblasting method for any application. Our engineers have the expertise and complete test facilities to determine if a micro-abrasive blasting process can be used to improve production efficiency and product quality. Visit www.comcoinc.comfor more information.
Comco is the industry leader in micro-abrasive blasting technology and creator of the award-winning MicroBlaster®. Established in 1968, Comco’s innovative thinking and high quality standards have been key to Comco’s success. Micro-abrasive blasters are used for deburring, surface preparation, selective cleaning, material removal and focused cutting in a variety of industries including medical manufacturing, microelectronics, precision machining and the aerospace industry. Comco prides itself on its high quality products and excellent customer service and tech support. For more information about Comco visit: www.comcoinc.com.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource