Burbank, CA – Comco Inc.’s micro-abrasive blasting equipment can be used to deburr PEEK implants. Though PEEK’s biocompatibility and chemical resistant nature make it an ideal choice for medical implants, it creates challenges to the manufacturing process. Machining typically generates burrs that are cumbersome to remove manually.
Micro-abrasive blasting can be used to eliminate this laborious process. The fine abrasive stream quickly strips off the burs without damaging the delicate features machined into the parts. A soft abrasive, like sodium bicarbonate, has the cutting effectiveness required to deburr the parts without cutting or burning the surface.
Comco offers sample part testing to determine the most efficient microblasting method for any application. Our engineers have the expertise and complete test facilities to determine if a micro-abrasive blasting process can be used to improve production efficiency and product quality. Visit www.comcoinc.comfor more information.
Comco is the industry leader in micro-abrasive blasting technology and creator of the award-winning MicroBlaster®. Established in 1968, Comco’s innovative thinking and high quality standards have been key to Comco’s success. Micro-abrasive blasters are used for deburring, surface preparation, selective cleaning, material removal and focused cutting in a variety of industries including medical manufacturing, microelectronics, precision machining and the aerospace industry. Comco prides itself on its high quality products and excellent customer service and tech support. For more information about Comco visit: www.comcoinc.com.
- Virtual Tour of Norman Noble's Contract Manufacturing Factilities - Video
- Wherever you’re going, Memry speeds you to your destination. - Supplier Resource
- Quality IV Systems for the OEM/Private Label Markets - Supplier Resource
- Ensuring Injection Molded Part Consistency - Supplier Resource
- 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer/Aerator GSX Series - Supplier Resource
- 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer/Aerator GS Series - Supplier Resource