February 12, 2013
ANAHEIM, CALIF. -- Eldon James Corp. is investing about $12 million for a larger building, equipment, infrastructure and operational consolidation in Denver.
"We will be moving all five of our extrusion lines and all 38 molding machines to Denver," said Marcia Coulson, president and owner. Clamping forces of the injection molding machines range from 30-150 tons.
The manufacturer of plastic tubing and fittings is consolidating operations in 75,000 square feet in Denver's Stapleton business development area and moving from two other Colorado sites: 47,000 square feet in Loveland and 9,000 square feet in Fort Collins.
Eldon James displayed its capabilities with PVC-free tubing, fitting assemblies and antimicrobial coextrusion in its booth at the Medical Design and Manufacturing West trade show in Anaheim from Feb. 12-14.
Many of the extruders and injection molding machines will operate within the new 12,000 square foot cleanroom, Coulson said.
Typical tubing sizes for Eldon James range from 0.125-1.25 inch, and "we can go up to four inches," said Mark Timbrook, marketing manager.
Eldon James became certified under ISO 13485:2003 in 2012.
Eldon James entity Innovate Colorado LLC is the owner of record for Eldon James's properties and, in each case, leases the facility to the corporation. Innovate Colorado purchased the Denver facility for $6 million from G.A. Wright Asset Management LLC on May 15.
Eldon James employs about 50 and opened a sales office in Stuttgart, Germany, in August 2012.
Initially injection molding fittings, Eldon James's original 1987 manufacturing and office location in Loveland was expanded in 1996, and the firm built the Fort Collins facility in 2002, primarily for use as a Class 8 clean room. The Denver site will use some filtration systems being relocated from Fort Collins. Tubing production began in 2002.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource