Maple Plain, Minn. – June 17, 2013 – Proto Labs, Inc. (NYSE: PRLB), a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer, announces the availability of several steel and stainless steel material options through its Firstcut CNC machining service.
Customers can now upload their 3D CAD model at Firstcut.com, and select from several new metal materials for custom, quick-turn CNC machined parts in prototype quantities. Parts can now be made in Stainless Steel (304/304L or 316/216L) or Steel (1018 or 4140). These new materials compliment an existing selection of soft metals (magnesium, copper, brass and aluminum) and over 30 types of engineering grade plastics. Parts made from these new metal materials are often used in medical/surgical applications, but not limited to any one industry.
We have made the necessary capital equipment investments to support the anticipated demand for these new metals, all of which is part of our ongoing effort to expand our existing capabilities and bring new accelerated manufacturing processes to market.
About Proto Labs, Inc.
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology –enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. Proto Labs provides “Real Parts, Really Fast” to product developers worldwide. Proto Labs utilizes computer numerical control (CNC) machining and injection molding to manufacture custom parts for our customers. For more information, visit www.protolabs.com.
- Polystyrene Microbead Coating Procedures - Supplier Resource
- Optimizing Technology for Multi--Cavity Medical Molds - Video
- Understanding Accuracy and Precision for MEMS Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource
- Bandwidth vs. Signal to Noise Tradeoff - Supplier Resource
- Dual Die Compensation for MEMS Pressure Sensors - Supplier Resource
- Liquid Silicone Rubber and Medical Device Design - Webcast