Maple Plain, Minn. – June 17, 2013 – Proto Labs, Inc. (NYSE: PRLB), a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer, announces the availability of several steel and stainless steel material options through its Firstcut CNC machining service.
Customers can now upload their 3D CAD model at Firstcut.com, and select from several new metal materials for custom, quick-turn CNC machined parts in prototype quantities. Parts can now be made in Stainless Steel (304/304L or 316/216L) or Steel (1018 or 4140). These new materials compliment an existing selection of soft metals (magnesium, copper, brass and aluminum) and over 30 types of engineering grade plastics. Parts made from these new metal materials are often used in medical/surgical applications, but not limited to any one industry.
We have made the necessary capital equipment investments to support the anticipated demand for these new metals, all of which is part of our ongoing effort to expand our existing capabilities and bring new accelerated manufacturing processes to market.
About Proto Labs, Inc.
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology –enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. Proto Labs provides “Real Parts, Really Fast” to product developers worldwide. Proto Labs utilizes computer numerical control (CNC) machining and injection molding to manufacture custom parts for our customers. For more information, visit www.protolabs.com.
- Turn Your Smart Ideas Into Brilliant Reality - Supplier Resource
- Three Strategies for Assessing IVD Instrument Feasibility Early in the Design Process - Supplier Resource
- PROTOMOLD DESIGN TIPS 12 ESSENTIALS FOR MOLDABILITY - Supplier Resource
- METAL INJECTION MOLDING TURNS THE VOLUME UP, AND DOWN - Supplier Resource
- Top Five Design Mistakes to Avoid When Specifying Stainless Steel Tubing - Supplier Resource
- Successful Medical Device Cleaning Validations: What You Need to Know - Supplier Resource