According to a new market research report published by Credence Research “Healthcare Tele-Consultation Services Market (Mode of Consultation – Voice Call, Video Call, and Kiosks) - Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis and Forecast 2016 - 2024”, the global healthcare tele-consultation services market stood at US$ 638 Mn in 2015 and is estimated to expand with a CAGR of 23.8% from 2016 to 2024.
The healthcare tele-consultation services market is majorly driven by increasing need to lower healthcare costs in the developed countries in the North America and European regions. In addition, growing maturity and technological awareness among the patients have led to the increasing adoption of tele-consultation services via phone calls, video calls or kiosk visits. Favorable factors such as various government programs and insurance coverage for online consultation have further fueled the growth in the healthcare tele-consultation services market in these regions.
The complete report is available at http://www.credenceresearch.com/report/healthcare-tele-consultation-services-market
Factors such high penetration of the Internet and smartphones, and rising need for quick and reliable access to medical services have led to the growth of healthcare tele-consultation services across the world. In addition, healthcare tele-consultation services have offered a viable solution to healthcare providers to offer non-emergency medical services to people located in various rural and remote areas.
Some of the factors restraining the growth in the healthcare tele-consultation services market included lack of Internet access, technological awareness, and issues related to information security. Despite efforts towards providing reliable Internet access, a major proportion of the population in most of the countries remains unconnected. Moreover, concerns regarding sharing sensitive medical information over the Internet have curtailed the adoption of healthcare tele-consultation services among general population.
The healthcare tele-consultation services market is fairly competitive in the developed markets. Companies providing healthcare tele-consultation services seek to differentiate their offerings by providing numerous modes of access. Thereby, leading providers offer various modes such as voice calls, video calls, and kiosk visits for consumers to gain access to medical services as per their convenience. Some of the providers of healthcare tele-consultation services sign agreements with employers to provide extensive access to all of their employees and thereby, charging a per member per month (PMPM) fee to the employer. On the other hand, some of the companies only charge the consumers for online consultations. With immense growth opportunities in the largely untapped market, the healthcare tele-consultation services market is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period.
- Rise of healthcare tele-consultation services providers which do not charge a per member per month (PMPM) fee
- Providers offering a combination of access modes including voice calls, video calls and kiosk visits
- Providers seek to install their kiosks at various locations including offices, pharmacists, and shopping complexes, among others.
- Increasing focus on developing specialty platforms for specific medical conditions such as diabetes, pregnancy, child care, and obesity, among others
- Drowning in Big Data: Extracting Medical Device Quality and Safety Insights - Webcast
- Quality with Confidence – What You Need to Know About Digital Microscopes for Medical Device Quality Processes - Webcast
- Risk Management for Medical Device Manufacturers - Webcast
- 3 Steps for Designing the Ideal Medical Device Packaging System - Webcast
- Reducing Device Cost with Innovative Medical Materials - Webcast
- Automating your Quality Management System: Pitfalls & Essentials - Webcast