Gloucester, MA – July 18, 2013 – Helix Medical, LLC, a global manufacturer for the medical device, pharmaceutical, and IVD industries, announces additional capabilities in thin-wall injection molding utilizing implantable PEEK and silicone materials. Other specialized molding services include implantable thermoplastic & silicone specialty components, biopharmaceutical components, and fully-automated molding of tight tolerance silicone bellows.
“We have made a significant investment in technology over the last year to continually expand our portfolio of services allowing us to provide our customers with a total manufacturable design solution,” said Edward Callahan, Vice President and General Manager of Helix Medical in Gloucester, Massachusetts. “Our range of capabilities includes product design support, quick turn prototypes, and low volume tight tolerance tooling concepts which are cost effective, robust, and available for both thermoplastic and silicone.” For high volume projects the team employs dedicated automated cells utilizing standardized multi-cavity direct gated systems. Added Callahan, “our approach is to validate each tool using Scientific Injection Molding methodology for both silicone and thermoplastics to ensure the process is repeatable and continually controlled in production.”
Helix Medical offers the following medical manufacturing capabilities around the globe: device and component design and development, silicone and thermoplastic molding and extrusion, complex catheter systems including hypotubes and micro-component solutions, assembly, packaging, and validation and qualification services.
# # #
About Helix Medical, LLC
Helix Medical, a division of the Freudenberg Group, is a global custom manufacturer for the medical device and healthcare industries with 10 manufacturing operations worldwide. Helix Medical operates FDA-registered medical device facilities, certified ISO 13485 with Class 7 & 8 cleanrooms. Established in 1984, Helix Medical currently manufactures in California, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Costa Rica, Germany, Ireland, and China. www.helixmedical.com
- Medtech M&As of 2014 Report - Supplier Resource
- Learn how GW Plastics Perfected the Design and Production of a Tissue Marker Device - Supplier Resource
- Learn Why Leading Healthcare Companies Rely on GW Plastics for Innovative Solutions, from Concept to Market - Supplier Resource
- Learn how GW Plastics Re-Designed, Re-Engineered and Re-Tooled an Intricate Breast Biopsy Device - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Unique Device Identification (UDI) Requirements with Laser Marking - Supplier Resource
- Wireless Medical Devices Conference - Event