February 12, 2013
Contact: Ronald Lilly
Forefront Medical Technology
Farmington, CT 06034-1234
Critical drug infusion patient care relies on high quality, trouble free, infusion system components. Forefront Medical has redesigned the pump tube assembly to eliminate bond joints, which could potentially leak, and replaced them with a new locking hub design. Forefront’s Engineering Team developed a new design which attaches the extruded silicone pump tube to the mating hubs with a self locking feature that eliminates leakage. They have also integrated a coiled tubing feature which provides an easier to install package for the set administrator.
Medical grade extrusion materials are utilized to assure bio-compatibility. Separate class 100 clean rooms are utilized for extrusion of silicone tubing vs medical grade DEHP free PVC for the balance of the drug infusion set. Custom sizes, lengths and configurations are available, in both sterile and non-sterile packaging. In-house molding of specialty connectors and valves are also an option to further reduce cost.
Forefront Medical is a fully integrated contract manufacturer with global capabilities to meet customers’ exacting manufacturing requirements. Expertise includes product design/development, rapid SLS prototyping, in-house tool making, injection molding, extrusion, class 10k clean room assembly, testing, packaging, sterilization and global logistics. TUV Registered ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003 and FDA CFR 21 Part 820.
From concept to the finished device, Forefront Medical’s technical solutions reduce customers’ cost and ensure confidentiality with global protection of intellectual property. For a confidential technical evaluation, please call 1 (860) 255-7610 (North America) / 86 21 6062 7177 (Asia) or on the web at www.forefrontmedicaltechnology.com
- Replacing Metal Components with Precision Molded Plastic Parts - Supplier Resource
- eBook: Streamline Innovation: How to Afford the Affordable Care Act - Supplier Resource
- Elcam Medical’s New & Innovative Minimal Residual Volume Luer Activated Stopcock - Supplier Resource
- Did you know Seattle is poised to disrupt healthcare? | Sean MacLeod | TEDxTacoma - Video
- Precision Manufacturing in the Medical Device Industry - Supplier Resource
- Case Study – Development to Deployment - Supplier Resource