Depending on the product, a burst test can be destructive or nondestructive.The problem facing test engineers is coming up with a way to slowly increase pressure and then record the precise pressure at which the product opens (the peak-hold burst pressure).
Uson test equipment conducts burst testing using one of two basic methods. Sprint iQ testers can be outfitted with either manual flow control valves or with electronic regulators that supply the required ramping pressure.
Pressure slowly ramps up through the flow control and pressurizes the product.For a product to pass the burst test the part must burst at a point greater than the minimum burst and at a pressure that is less than the maximum burst level .
Uson has prepared an Application Note describing how burst testing is accomplished using a manual regulator and a precision flow
control. The Sprint iQ burst tester contains all the electronic and pneumatic controls to perform burst testing on a wide variety of products.
- Changing Standards for Medical Device Manufacturers - Webcast
- Tech Tips – What You Need to Know About EtherNet/IP Compatible Instruments - Supplier Resource
- FAQ's - Supplier Resource
- Pulse Tech Brochure - Supplier Resource
- Mobile Health Devices and Material Selection - Webcast
- How to Machine Carbon Fiber and Today's Difficult Composites - Video