Products such as one-way valves are often designed to open at a certain pressure. Production and test engineers need to know at precisely what pressure the valve starts to open (cracking pressure point).Normal burst testers do not detect the pressure change when the valve starts to open because the cracking pressure is so small. Most leak testers cannot determine the cracking pressure because they use merely one pressure sensor upstream from the product being tested. The upstream sensor is constantly supplied with air, so sensing the downstream pressure change is next to impossible.
Uson has published an application note which explains how to effectively and reliably accomplish this difficult test. The application note may be downloaded here.
- Considerations for Overmolding with Medical Polymers - Webcast
- How to Acquire the Best Application Advantage - Supplier Resource
- "Smart Tooling" Technology for LIM/LSR Molded Components - Video
- NEW! 3558B Medical-grade acrylic transfer adhesive. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3551E Double-Coated, double-liner transfer tape with medical grade acrylic adhesive and 3 mil PE film carrier. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3493Z Single-Coated Foam Tape with Non-Sensitizing Medical Grade Adhesive - Supplier Resource