Effects of multi-PEGylation on shielding a protein surface.
Model of tetrameric E. colil-asparaginase II (left) and the PEGylated derivative of this protein (right) shown at 3-fold reduced scale.
(B) Effect of PEGylation of asparaginase on blocking neutralizing antibodies.
Common limits for therapeutic application of peptides and proteins are their chemical instability, their short residence time in blood and their tendency to promote an immunological response. Most of these problems may be solved by linking one or more PEG (polyethylene glycol) molecules to these peptides and proteins (PEGylation). This is achieved due to the combination of increased molecular weight and coverage of epitopes or blockage of sequences prone to enzymatic degradation. In addition, PEGylation enhances protein solubility in aqueous solutions.
Currently available PEGylation technologies produce products which are PEGylated at multiple sites in an uncontrolled manner. This inevitably results in a population of molecules PEGylated in locations which crowd the active centre or binding regions resulting in a net decrease in potency versus the un-PEGylated analogue.
Creative Biomart's chemists will perform your PEGylation service in a professional and efficient way to provide you the PEGylated products in very short period of time and with high quality.
As a leading biotechnology services supplier, Creative Biomart offers synthetic polymer PEG modification and bioconjugation services by site specific ligation of polyethylene glycol to peptide/proteins, oligonucleotides, antibodies, lectins, enzymes, toxins, drugs or other small molecules as delivery technology in variety of applications. With our expertise as a leader in the field of PEGylation, Creative Biomart has created a set of new platform technologies.
For more information, visit us at http://www.creativebiomart.net/pegylationservices.htm
Inquiry Line: 1-631-559-9269
- Medical Device Marking: Challenges and Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Piezo Linear Drives for Laser Technology - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Unique Device Identification Requirements with Laser Marking - Supplier Resource
- Expanding Opportunities with a Simplified Supply Chain - Supplier Resource
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video