Sunnyvale, CA (February 5th, 2013) – Lumenous Device Technologies, a leader in design & production of ultra-precision medical components for a wide variety of minimally invasive medical devices, announces advancements in metal shaft design that enable ever more stringent miniaturization requirements for optimized performance in torque response, flexibility, axial stiffness, profile, and cost.
The relentless trend towards miniaturization is one of the factors driving adoption of the technology. Catheters require high flexibility – but also quick torque response and sufficient axial stiffness –all while achieving meaningful profile reduction. Neurovascular and ophthalmology devices benefit strongly from the miniaturization, but the engineerable technology has found favor in larger-scale applications such as gastrointestinal & orthopedic medicine. “With clever design and process technology, the familiar design trade-offs have occasionally even disappeared, giving customers performance that is simply unmatched,” commented Todd Dickson, CEO & President of Lumenous.
Our relentless pursuit of high quality, workmanship, customer satisfaction, and rigorous standards (ISO 9001 & ISO13485 since 1998 ) have made Lumenous a world-class partner.
For more information, call 408-636-0221 or please visit us at www.lumenous.com
About Lumenous Device Technologies
Lumenous is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with a facility in Jiangyin (Jiangsu), China. Our facilities are equipped with laser micromachining centers, chemical & electrochemical processes, heat-treatment processes, nitinol tubing & wire drawing, and microassembly processes to serve design, prototyping and volume manufacturing needs.
- Portable Energy Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Discover How Practice Makes Perfect in IVD Development - Supplier Resource
- Line Marking - Supplier Resource
- Medtech M&As of 2014 Report - Supplier Resource
- Learn how GW Plastics Perfected the Design and Production of a Tissue Marker Device - Supplier Resource
- Learn Why Leading Healthcare Companies Rely on GW Plastics for Innovative Solutions, from Concept to Market - Supplier Resource