Metal Cutting, a full service contract manufacturer specializing in the achievement of exceptional tolerances offers a range of custom, micro-precision machining services to various markets including medical device, aerospace, electronics and automotive.
Recently the company has added a 7-Axis Swiss Style CNC Automatic Lathe to the mix.
- This newly acquired Citizen K16E Sliding Headstock CNC Lathe runs at speeds upwards of 10,000 RPMs,
- Regularly achieves tolerances as low as ± 0.0005.”
- Skilled machinists turn parts ranging from 0.625” down to 0.030,” with lengths from 0.62” up to 4” (before the machine requires altering), and surface finishes up to 16 Ra.
With boring, drilling, hexing, milling, polishing, slotting, threading and tapping capabilities, this machine routinely eliminates the need for secondary operations, and is able to produce custom features and complex geometries, even on the difficult metals required for medical device and aerospace applications. In addition to producing ready-to-shop parts, Metal Cutting leverages automation to decrease labor costs and improve up-times by running on an unattended, lights-out schedule, reducing scrap, and consistently producing exceptional part quality—all of which translate to cost savings for customers.
In addition to this new capability, Metal Cutting’s robust in-house machining center includes versatile 4-axis CNC milling and turning centers, CNC lathes with live tooling capable of working to diameters as small as 0.010”, and high RPM, 4-Axis CNC wire EDM machines actively working to diameters as small as 0.0005,” (capable of eliminating human handling of parts, thus minimizing process damage such as bending or scratching). This extensive range of machines enables Metal Cutting to offer vertically integrated solutions for shortening time-to-market and improving part quality across diverse industries.
Additional services include close tolerance, burr-free, abrasive cutting, precision grinding and lapping, as well as advanced cleanroom metrology and particulate free packaging. All specifications are accurately measured by in-house, digital, optical-gauging microscopy.
Evan Elizabeth Harder, Marketing Manager
Neal Day, Director of Sales
Metal Cutting Corporation is a precision metal fabricating company located in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, USA. We specialize in the burr-free, abrasive and EDM cut-off, precision grinding, high finish polishing and lapping, and custom 4 axis CNC machining of metal tubes, wires, rods and the related capabilities required to meet all of our customers' tight tolerance and high-precision requirements.
- CS Company Overview - Supplier Resource
- Polyken 3189K Differential Double-Coated Tape - Supplier Resource
- Polyken 3000-2 Acrylic Transfer Tape - Supplier Resource
- Polyken 33M7H - Supplier Resource
- Polyken 3222S Double-Coated Tape - Supplier Resource
- Polyken 2114H Double-Coated Tape - Supplier Resource