MONROVIA, CA – Miyachi Unitek Corporation, a leading manufacturer of welding equipment and laser processing systems, announces that Dr. Geoff Shannon will be presenting Micro Machining Capabilities using a 355nm and 1064nm Picosecond Laser at MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits, April 16-17, 2013, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dr. Shannon’s talk is part of the Laser Micro Machining section on Tuesday, April 16, from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Dr. Shannon will discuss new picosecond lasers that can provide unique features in metals and polymers as well as minimize the requirement for post process cleaning operations. Picosecond lasers have pulse durations of around 10 picoseconds, which enables micro machining of metals with negligible heat effect zones. The large peak powers create mostly vaporized materials, so very little material is redeposited. At these picosecond pulse durations, the laser can be operated in 355nm, 532nm and 1064nm. Depending upon the application, users can take advantage of the lower wavelength for minimal feature size or the longer wavelength for more average power.
The presentation will include an overview of the new picosecond laser technology, along with application examples. Materials to be discussed include stainless steel, nitinol, titanium, pebax, pelathane, and PLLA in the sub 200 micron thickness range.
About Miyachi Unitek
Miyachi Unitek is a leading manufacturer of equipment and systems for resistance welding, laser welding, laser marking, laser cutting, and hot bar reflow soldering and bonding. The company provides products to a wide range of markets, including the medical device, battery, electric vehicle, and solar industries, as well as the global electronics, automotive, and general industrial markets. Miyachi Unitek is an ISO9001 certified company. Contact Miyachi Unitek at its company headquarters, located at 1820 S Myrtle Ave., Monrovia, CA 91016, by phone at (626) 303-5676, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about the company’s products and services at www.miyachiunitek.com.
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource
- Material Selection and Advanced Assembly for Body-Worn Devices: How Medical Manufacturers Can Improve Their Products to Enhance Patient Care - Webcast
- Medical Device Labeling & Marking - What You Need To Know - Webcast
- How to Machine Carbon Fiber and Today's Difficult Composites - Video