In many industries, the parts being inspected are no bigger than a hand, e.g. a mobile phone case or dentures. The O-INSPECT 322 is now available for the measurement of these parts. The measu- ring range is somewhat smaller (300 x 200 x 200) mm, but the system is also more affordable compared to other O-INSPECT machines. "This machine is an ideal addition to our existing portfolio and further expands our range of appli- cations," says Dr. Dietrich Imkamp, who is in charge of Visual Systems & CT at Carl ZeissIndustrial Metrology. Compared to pure optical measuring systems, O-INSPECT 322 has a competitive price and comes standard with contact sensors – and ZEISS scanning. The optical and contact sensors are built in: easy-to-use CALYPSO 3D CAD software merges the measured data.
3D measurements and scans with minimal probing forces
Where other machines can only offer single-point scanning and thus relatively high probing forces,
O-INSPECT 322 from Carl Zeiss IMT offers scanning as a standard feature, in which the VAST XXT probe enables precision probing with forces in the millinewton range. Therefore, true 3D measurements that permit form and position statements are possible. This is a key benefit for users because most precision parts or plastic workpieces are three dimensional.
Telecentric optics are very elaborate and therefore not used on most optical measuring machines. Unlike the central perspective principle, the distance to the object is irrelevant in telecentrics: test objects in the camera image can always be measured with the right imaging scale. O-INSPECT 322 comes standard with the 12x telecentric zoom lens from Carl Zeiss Microscopy, which compensates for these deviations with an additional zoom range.
Precision even in challenging production environments
O-INSPECT 322 also works reliably under varying ambient temperatures. Where other machines need climate-controlled measuring labs, O-INSPECT delivers reliable measuring results at a wide range of temperatures and can also be deployed on the shop floor. Other configurations will be available in the future, which will tolerate temperatures up to 26 or 30 degrees Celsius thanks to TVA (Temperature Variable Accuracy). The operator always knows the tolerance range to be expected of the measured values. O-INSPECT 322 is therefore ideal for locations with difficult climate conditions.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource