Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 2013…Omnetics Connector Corporation, the leading manufacturer of miniature high-rel connectors, announces its latest addition to the Nano 360 family, the SureCon 360. These connectors are available in 6, 11 or 16 positions, with an IP67 rating and 3 different cables options, Military (UL94 V-O material), Medical (ISO10993 biocompatible) and standard grade.
The SureCon 360, a waterproof plastic connector, is polarized and ergonomically designed to engage and hold firmly yet disengage under a specific load to prevent damage to the equipment. The SureCon 360 is designed with a .025” pitch, weighs as little as 3.2 grams, can carry 1 ampere per contact and is sealed to the IP67 rating for water and dust ingress; making them the ideal connector for applications where size, weight and environment are concerns.
States Dave Bender, Omnetics Engineer, “When Omnetics analyzed the different markets and the common thread was everyone asking to reduce size and weight while making sure equipment didn’t fail in harsh environments. We felt it was a perfect opportunity for our connectors. They are already small and light weight. We simply added the breakaway option and designed them to meet IP67 qualifications thus creating a versatile connector solution.”
Omnetics was formed in 1984 to deliver rugged, reliable interconnect solutions for the most demanding industries. The company has a fully integrated design and manufacturing plant in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, where it produces micro and nano miniature interconnect products, featuring COTS, Standards and Custom connectors for industries such as Military, Aerospace, Defense, Medical and other technology oriented OEMs.
For further information:
Omnetics Tel.: 763 746 8711
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource