Maple Plain, Minn. – March 27, 2013 – Proto Labs, Inc. (NYSE: PRLB), a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer, today announced the launch of a new 20-minute technical webinar that will identify four ways to great injection-molded parts.
In this 20-minute webinar, the basic design "rules" for successful plastic injection molding will be addressed. As with many of life's rules, some of these can be bent if absolutely necessary. But bending rules has costs and consequences, and this webinar addresses ways to work with the process and within its guidelines to make the most of injection molding's flexibility and enormous potential.
The webinar will touch on issues of design, turning concepts into products, materials selection, and understanding the methods of manufacturing.
Presenter Kevin Crystal is a retired engineer with 33 years of manufacturing experience and has degrees from MIT and University of Wisconsin Madison. He spent 10 years at Proto Labs in engineering and collaborated on the design and modeling of the Proto Labs Protogami, Design Cube, and Protomold Resin Puzzle.
To register or learn more about this product development and manufacturing event on 4/24/2013, visit bit.ly/YzaAAG.
About Proto Labs, Inc.
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. Proto Labs provides “Real Parts, Really Fast” to product developers worldwide. Proto Labs utilizes computer numerical control (CNC) machining and injection molding to manufacture custom parts for our customers. For more information, visit protolabs.com.
- Medical Device Marking: Challenges and Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Piezo Linear Drives for Laser Technology - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Unique Device Identification Requirements with Laser Marking - Supplier Resource
- Expanding Opportunities with a Simplified Supply Chain - Supplier Resource
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video