Roanoke, Virginia- May 24, 2011 - Plastics One, established over 62 years ago, specializes in design, assembly, and molding of medical devices for customers worldwide. Offering expertise in innovative molded connector systems, and providing the interface between patient and instrumentation.
The R&D team works directly with customers to develop prototype parts and tooling to prove out concepts prior to committing to production tooling. Capabilities include the use of Solidworks for part and mold design, and MasterCam for fabrication. The Model Shop is a dedicated R&D resource including 3 CNC milling machines and 2 injection molding machines for fast turnaround times.
Rapid prototyping is also an option for even faster evaluation. The company collaborates with customers to create part models that can then be turned into SLA prototypes.
After prototypes are built, Plastics One provides test and evaluation services to make sure the part meets performance requirements. Once a solution is identified, the R&D engineers work directly with the team of Designers to transition from experimental, to part and mold design release.
The prototype instrument clip shown here was presented to physicians to gather real world feedback. This resulted in a second generation improved prototype to verify the changes were successful.
The optical fiber mount shown was not only used to verify the design concept, but for initial product launch while production tooling was being built.
Plastics One is a U.S. Registered Contract Manufacturer specializing in plastic insert molding, and an ISO 9001:2008 certified full service medical component manufacturer.
The company has over sixty molding machines and nine ISO Class 8, 100,000 cleanrooms with two ISO Class 7, 10,000 cleanrooms for molding, assembly and packaging.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- ADMEDES smart systems | Driving New Technologies and Manufacturing Processes | Enabling New Applications, Materials, and Design Options - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource
- Material Selection and Advanced Assembly for Body-Worn Devices: How Medical Manufacturers Can Improve Their Products to Enhance Patient Care - Webcast