Delano, Minnesota: Sil-Pro continues their ongoing expansion and improvements by expanding the existing cleanroom with a 1,000 square-foot addition. The new clean room addition will be certified to ISO Class 7, the same as Sil-Pro’s existing clean room.
This new expansion, which is isolated from the rest of the manufacturing cleanroom floor, will be used to centralize final wash and dry, inspection, and packaging all into one location within the facility. This round of lean improvements helps to consolidate and streamline manufacturing and shipping processes, while also freeing up space in the main cleanroom production area for additional plastic presses.
Sil-Pro’s internal testing shows that this new clean room isolation area will greatly diminish the risk of any particulate contamination, which could occur during the final wash and dry, inspection, and packaging processes. The consolidation of these final three operations into this new cleanroom’s centralized location, between the manufacturing floor and shipping department, will greatly streamline production processes and allow for the future expansion of these three processes when needed. This most recent round of lean improvements will also benefit Sil-Pro’s customers by allowing faster throughput and the highest quality medical products possible, while reducing in-process inventory.
“This expansion rides on our spirit of continuous improvement and risk mitigation,” reports Brian Higgins, Sil-Pro Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We believe that this addition to our facility will result in an improvement to the quality of the products we manufacture and ship to our customers.”
Sil-Pro is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 certified contract manufacturer specializing in molded and extruded silicone, thermoplastics, and full-service medical device contract manufacturing and assembly.
Interested in more information? Call 763-972-9206. Or go to www.sil-pro.com
Sil-Pro, 740 Seventh Street, Delano, Minnesota 55328. Fax: 763-972-2096. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medtech M&As of 2014 Report - Supplier Resource
- Learn how GW Plastics Perfected the Design and Production of a Tissue Marker Device - Supplier Resource
- Learn Why Leading Healthcare Companies Rely on GW Plastics for Innovative Solutions, from Concept to Market - Supplier Resource
- Learn how GW Plastics Re-Designed, Re-Engineered and Re-Tooled an Intricate Breast Biopsy Device - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Unique Device Identification (UDI) Requirements with Laser Marking - Supplier Resource
- Wireless Medical Devices Conference - Event