Delano, Minnesota: Sil-Pro announces new capability to produce tooling and functional prototype silicone or thermoplastic parts within 3 to 5 days. This new capability is of great benefit for the medical device community and has been thoroughly tested by Sil-Pro for the last year.
“With time-to-market pressures, our current medical customer base asked for expedited services to go from print to reliable prototype parts extremely fast,” stated Brian Higgins, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Sil-Pro. With Sil-Pro’s recent expansion of 25,000 square feet of dedicated tool shop, plus capital investment into a 5-axis high speed machining cell with robot tending for lights out 24/7 production, Sil-Pro has the high speed capabilities.
Sil-Pro adds additional estimating and tooling staff to streamline all internal processes to support the 3-5 day turn around service. Now an engineer can emailor upload a Solid Model and Sil-Pro expedites all necessary evaluation, estimating, and final quotation for approval. Once the customer approves the quotation, tool building begins and can be completed within 2 days, and molded prototype parts in 2-3 days.
Sil-Pro’s Jet Tooling service includes these additional benefits:
- In-house inventory of both pre-hard and hardened stainless steel inserts
- Wider selection of materials versus other prototype services
- Can become bridge type tooling to pre-production and smaller production runs
- Saves money in long run and enhances Design for Manufacturability
Sil-Pro is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003certified contract manufacturer specializing in molded and extruded silicone, thermoplastics and full-service medical device contract manufacturing and assembly.
For more information about Sil-Pro's Jet Tooling and prototype capabilities, call 763-972-9206. Email: email@example.com Or go to www.sil-pro.com. Sil-Pro, 740 Seventh Street, Delano, Minnesota 55328. Fax: 763-972-2096.
- Will Migrating Your Product to a Lower Cost Region Actually Lower Cost? - Supplier Resource
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource
- Material Selection and Advanced Assembly for Body-Worn Devices: How Medical Manufacturers Can Improve Their Products to Enhance Patient Care - Webcast
- Medical Device Labeling & Marking - What You Need To Know - Webcast