Somerset, Wisconsin – SMC Ltd., a medical device contract manufacturer with locations in California, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Ohio, Costa Rica, and India, announced acquisition of a 16,000 sq. foot building to house and expand its medical design and product development center.
The 16,000 sq. foot building is located in Twinsburg, Ohio, fifteen minutes from the existing location. The new space will allow for additional areas in product design, validation and clinical trials along with added rapid prototyping and clean room assembly.
“Product design services offered by SMC Ltd. have been one of the industry’s best kept secrets. We're about to change that. The new facility will allow for expansion of our existing design, prototyping, and test services as well as add manufacturing for clinical trial and electro-mechanical box builds. This is a very exciting time for our development team.” said Rick Walker, SMC Ltd. Director of Design Services.
“We are very excited about expanding our new product development center in Ohio. The additional space and equipment will allow us to grow our user and functional testing labs and also provide more space for pilot production to ensure regulatory compliance,” said Chetan N. Patel, SMC Ltd. President and founder.
About SMC Ltd.
SMC Ltd. is a global contract manufacturer offering complete design, molding services, and finished devices for the medical and pharmaceutical industries. With locations in Wisconsin, Ohio, Massachusetts, California, Costa Rica, and India, SMC’s facilities provide over 600,000 sq feet dedicated to high and low volume medical manufacturing. The Company’s medical operations offer ISO 13485, quality systems, white room, class 7 and 8 clean rooms with services including; design, engineering, thermoplastic molding (including 2-shot), LIM (liquid injection molding), project management, secondary operations, validation, micro molding, assembly, and kitting and packaging of finished devices. www.smcltd.com
- flex-IPC Industrial Panel PC's: Customizable IPC Systems for Machine Controlling - Video
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource
- Material Selection and Advanced Assembly for Body-Worn Devices: How Medical Manufacturers Can Improve Their Products to Enhance Patient Care - Webcast
- Medical Device Labeling & Marking - What You Need To Know - Webcast