TAMPA, Fl.-November 27, 2012–Synergy Health AST, LLC, formerly BeamOne LLC, announces the opening of its new ethylene oxide medical device sterilization facility near San Jose, Costa Rica.
The new plant is located in the Coyol Business Park in Alajuela, one block away from Synergy Health’s existing electron beam sterilization service center.
The new building encompasses approximately 28,000 square feet and is fully commissioned and ISO certified. It has opened with 2 six-pallet and 1 twelve-pallet chamber and has been constructed to allow for additional capacity as needed in the future. Approximately 20 employees will be needed to run the plant at full operational capacity.
According to Glenn Thibault, CEO of Synergy Health Americas AST Division, "We are very pleased with the well coordinated construction and facility commissioning activities which took place for our new Costa Rica EO service center. Our business partners in Costa Rica worked hand in hand with our corporate technical experts to assure timely delivery of this state-of-the-art processing center. Sincere thanks to all who worked so diligently on this beautiful facility, which offers manufacturers in this important geographic area yet another option for local sterilization of their products and thus reduced inventory turn time."
About Synergy Health
Synergy Health plc (LSE: SYR), is a leading global provider of specialized outsourced support services to healthcare related markets. Synergy Health acquired BeamOne in April, 2011, and currently operates five electron beam service centers and two EO service centers in the U.S. and Costa Rica. The company has a network of well over 4,000 employees and 29 sterilization service centers worldwide, with expertise in EO, gamma, electron beam, X-ray and ion beam technologies. It also operates several microbiological testing labs and over 20 hospital reusable product sterilization services in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
For additional information please contact:
Synergy Health AST, LLC
Director, Customer Relations/Marketing
- Meeting Prototyping Requirements with Electropolishing - Supplier Resource
- Plastic Injection Molds and Molding: Why What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You Money - Supplier Resource
- Electronics Miniaturization: Assembly and Rework of Lead Free Package on Package Technology - Supplier Resource
- Material Selection and Advanced Assembly for Body-Worn Devices: How Medical Manufacturers Can Improve Their Products to Enhance Patient Care - Webcast
- Medical Device Labeling & Marking - What You Need To Know - Webcast
- How to Machine Carbon Fiber and Today's Difficult Composites - Video