Proteins are essential factors for organism living. Proteins that are engineered in the laboratory for pharmaceutical use are known as therapeutic proteins. More specific, for some diseases, the delivery of a protein with a biological effect into the body could have beneficial effects on the patient. This type of protein medication is called therapeutic protein. Most therapeutic protein is sourced from genetically modified animal or microbial cells. The majority of biopharmaceuticals marketed to date are recombinant therapeutic protein drugs.
Scientists have been able to create non-natural sources of lots of these human proteins. Historically, a human protein was only present in human sources, or perhaps from animals with similar proteins. The levels of therapeutic protein from natural sources generally were low, reflecting the concentration of the protein in the body tissue.Sourcing problems with therapeutic protein came to an end with the advent of genetic engineering. Scientists could identify the gene in a human that contained the instructions for a specific protein. Then they placed that gene into an animal, animal cell or a microbial cell and waited for the new organism to produce the required protein.
Creative Biomart offers therapeutic proteins by using our proprietary and patented technologies for both mammalian and bacterial expression systems at globally competitive cost, including but not limited to:
- How to Acquire the Best Application Advantage - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3558B Medical-grade acrylic transfer adhesive. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3551E Double-Coated, double-liner transfer tape with medical grade acrylic adhesive and 3 mil PE film carrier. - Supplier Resource
- NEW! 3493Z Single-Coated Foam Tape with Non-Sensitizing Medical Grade Adhesive - Supplier Resource
- General Medical Brochure - Supplier Resource
- Affinity Medical Brochure - Supplier Resource