Medical Device OEM’s that have applied Norman Noble Inc.’s Design for Manufacturability services have realized substantial benefits. Costs and time-to-market are often cut in half with significant improvements in quality and delivery. These services are most effective when applied to projects that involve tight tolerances and exotic materials, including NiTinol.
Design for Manufacturability is the process of proactively designing products to (1) optimize all the manufacturing functions: fabrication, finishing, testing, assembly and packaging, and (2) assure the best quality, cost, regulatory compliance, and time-to-market.
Concurrent Engineering is the practice of concurrently developing products and their manufacturing processes. If new processes are to be utilized, then the product and the process must be developed concurrently.
Design for Manufacturability and Concurrent Engineering are proven design methodologies that work for any size company. Early consideration of manufacturing issues shortens product development time, minimizes development cost, and ensures a smooth transition into production for quick time to market.
Benefits of partnering with Norman Noble Inc. on Design for Manufacturability:
- Access to Norman Noble Inc’s Innovative Machining and Finishing technologies for Implants and Devices
- Product design establishes the feature set, how well the features work, and, hence, the marketability of the product.
- Prototypes manufactured in dedicated R&D Prototype Departments.
- The design determines 80% of the cost and has significant influence on quality.
- Norman Noble, Inc. is the largest laser contract manufacturer, and we manufacture the most NiTinol based implants in the world!
Contact Norman Noble, Inc. today at 1-800-474-4322 or visit our website at www.nnoble.com to learn more about our Capabilities and Design for Manufacturability Services!
- Warning: Everything You Know About Medical Design Is Wrong - Supplier Resource
- The Advantages of Utilizing Centerless Ground Bar in CNC Swiss Screw Machines - Supplier Resource
- Medical Device Connectivity Solutions - Supplier Resource
- Top 5 Applications for Ultrathin-Wall Heat Shrink Tubing in Medical Device Design & Manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Altera MT-PBX (D*/D*) - Supplier Resource
- Altera MT-FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) - Supplier Resource