The new version of WeatherPro for Android 3.0 now also supports sensors integrated in the cell phone, such as the humidity and temperature sensor from Sensirion. The sensor data is displayed in the daily forecast. This enables users to compare the data from their current location with the forecast values, making them better prepared for any weather.
David Kaiser, the man in charge of product management for WeatherPro at the MeteoGroup weather service, is pleased to be working with Sensirion: "Many devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, have an integrated sensor from Sensirion. We wanted to make the data generated by the sensors available to our customers in those places where they usually go for their daily weather information. There's not always an official weather station right where an app user happens to be. The sensor data thereby provides interesting comparison values."
Andrea Wüest, Market Manager Mobile at Sensirion, believes that measuring the humidity and temperature of the immediate environment gives rise to many new opportunities. "Everyone now has their own individual weather station with them, which, thanks to WeatherPro, is also linked to the latest weather forecasts." The use of such a sensor is only possible thanks to innovative technology in both the hardware and software. The hardware is the smallest humidity and temperature sensor currently available. It was specially designed for mobile end-devices by the Swiss high-tech company Sensirion and optimized to fulfill the industry's unique requirements. The company not only provides the sensor, but also the corresponding software. Without it, the heat generated by the smartphone itself would make any measurement of the ambient temperature impossible. Sensirion is currently the only company to offer an all-in-one solution for ambient sensing of humidity and temperature for smartphones.
More information: www.smart.sensirion.com
- Replacing Metal Components with Precision Molded Plastic Parts - Supplier Resource
- eBook: Streamline Innovation: How to Afford the Affordable Care Act - Supplier Resource
- Elcam Medical’s New & Innovative Minimal Residual Volume Luer Activated Stopcock - Supplier Resource
- Did you know Seattle is poised to disrupt healthcare? | Sean MacLeod | TEDxTacoma - Video
- Precision Manufacturing in the Medical Device Industry - Supplier Resource
- Case Study – Development to Deployment - Supplier Resource