Surgical Perspective, a medical device manufacturer based in Strasbourg, France, announced that it had entered an agreement with the New European Surgical Academy (NESA). Surgical Perspective and NESA will work together to conduct clinical trials of the company’s minimally-invasive surgical retractors.
Frédéric Mouret is the CEO and president of Surgical Perspective. In prepared remarks, he said, “This partnership represents an exciting opportunity for us to reinforce clinical visibility on products. With NESA capacity to coordinate international studies and to present the results to a global audience, we are confident it will accelerate the clinical acceptance of our retractor, TPEA LIFTER.”
Surgical Perspective (http://www.surgicalperspective.com) develops retractors to cover organs during robot-assisted, minimally-invasive surgeries. The company’s products are designed to give surgeons direct access to organs while minimizing the risk of complications. According to information from the company, there are over 14 million minimally-invasive surgical operations across the world every year. Surgical Perspectives believes that the market for retractors and other minimally-invasive surgical tools will grow in coming years.
The New European Surgical Academy (http://www.nesaacademy.org) is a non-profit group based in Berlin, Germany. NESA’s goal is to evaluate the efficacy of new and upcoming surgical procedures. In addition, NESA promotes discussion, optimization and education in a variety of surgical fields.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource