Teleflex announced plans to acquire Vidacare, a Texas-based cardiovascular device manufacturer, for $262.5 million. Teleflex plans to use its latest acquisition’s vascular / bone access devices to boost its own product line.
According to information from Teleflex, the deal is slated to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
Vidacare manufactures vascular access devices that can help physicians access the interior of a patient's bones. Potential applications include diagnoses, therapies and medical interventions. Fields of medicine that use inside-the-bone / vascular access devices include spinal surgery, oncology and emergency medicine. The company's flagship products include the OnControl Bone Marrow System and the EZ-IO Intraosseous Vascular Access System.
"The acquisition of Vidacare, an industry leader with a high gross margin profile, will expand our comprehensive vascular access product portfolio with a defining technology," stated Benson Smith, president and CEO of Teleflex.
For Teleflex, Vidacare is the largest acquisition in recent memory. However, there have been several small acquisitions over the past few years. In June, Teleflex purchased Israeli startup Eon Surgical, a small manufacturer of minimally invasive microlaparoscopy technologies. Last year, the company made a significant number of purchases too.
Teleflex’s 2012 acquisitions include Hotspur (a manufacturer of a two-in-one balloon dilation catheter that works with the company's Vision Valve injection system) for $15 million. Teleflex also acquired Semprus Biosciences, a vascular access technology manufacturer, for $30 million. In addition, the company acquired LMA International for a price tag of $276 million, giving the company access to several laryngeal masks for use during emergency care and anesthesia.
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource